Bring on the scary movies!

BigPapa

With Halloween only about a month away, the scary movies are starting to be released in full force. My wife and I love this time of year. We are getting a sitter Saturday so that we can go see The House at the End of the Street. It looks really good. Are there any scary movies you want to see this Halloween season?

GC856723

I honestly haven't seen anything worthwhile as far as horror films go. Last Halloween left me rather disappointed with the lack of horror films coming out. Plus, let's face it, I miss the Saw films coming out every year haha It became tradition for me to go see them, alone or with friends. In all honestly, I'm probably left with the old standbys, or some crappy collection of horror films.

Any recommendations is welcome :)

FrankSinatra

I rented Cabin in the Woods for tonight and it got some good reviews so we'll see. The last horror movie I watched was Insidious and it was okay, but nothing special.

The scariest thing I have seen lately would be American Horror Story.

Jatelo2

These movies literally scare me and their effects on me aren't desirable. I just don't understand how people can watch such movies comfortably. For the Record I don't recognize halloween!

BigPapa

I absolutely loved Cabin in the Woods because it was out of the norm and unique. I used to go every year and watch the Saw films too and it is sad that they are gone now. House at the End of the Street was okay and the ending was unexpected.

roncar

My wife and I are also big horror movie buffs. We loved Cabin in the Woods, too. If you guys liked that movie, then you would also probably like U Turn and Joy Ride. I'd like to go see The House at the End of the Street also. If you can remember, could you come back here and give a review of it?

youngone

I do enjoy watching scary movies, especially during Halloween. There's something about Halloween that gives you a sudden urge to watch scary movies :D.

The genre is very hit and miss, though, I haven't seen a decent scary movie for quite a while. I'll look up the trailer for 'The House at the End of the Street' and decide whether it's worth seeing.

polamalu43

I like the old scary movies! They were awesome. Jason still gives me the creeps when I see him on TV. Honestly though the movie you are talking about looks a bit scary. My wife does not want to see it.

Don

We like to watch the classics around this time of year. The original Halloween and The House on Haunted Hill (the black and white version). Also anything with Vincent Price in it.

CHenne

No thanks! I am not a horror movie fan either. I used to love them when I was a kid. My son really likes them now but I don't! I will watch a few with him but I don't enjoy them.

Don

I forgot about "The Blob" and "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes." They are both kind of hokey, but they are fun movies to watch on family movie night.