Bringing a new baby home

JakeJ

We have twins who are eight years old and a boy who is four. The girls are thrilled to have a new baby brother, but the youngest is having a hard time. His position has been taken over, which I can understand will make him a little grumpy. How did you deal with this kind of situation?

Jack

Maybe he is sensing he won't be getting as much or the same kind of attention he always has, so maybe he is feeling a little insecure. Maybe making a special effort to include him in the attention being given the baby will ease his mind.

Regis

I was the youngest guy with older sisters so the next up didn't resent me too much. I'm going to be facing this soon too. I'm going to make a special effort to take the youngest out for special days before the baby gets here.

JakeJ

Thanks guys. I definitely think he is trying to deal with not being the baby anymore, plus not the only boy. It must be tough and we are trying to make sure he is not left out. Special time together is good, wish I had thought to do that before the baby came.