Broken Window

benben

Today a window got broken. The kids had all kinds of explanations for it. I knew it was broken, by force, from the inside. I confined them to their rooms until someone fessed up. It was my daughter, who NEVER does anything wrong. :(

Dickneardone

Well, we all screw up at one point or another. We have replaced some of the glass with nice looking, painted wood panels. It doesn't look any worse and will save us money. Now that the kids are almost grown we can put glass back in.

Christian

That's actually a really neat idea dickneardone! As rambunctious as our little girl is I imagine her brother will be worse. I see broken windows in my future!

jimscharger

I was the one who broke windows as a kid. So far I have been lucky since that hasn't happened at our house. I do like the painted wood idea, if it's something you can do with your window.

Regis

I don't care about broken windows. If they break the flat screen, especially during football season, then I'll have a problem! But then of course I'm a contractor so it's no big deal for me to replace the windows cheaply.

polamalu43

:( Well everyone makes mistakes! They should have owned up in the beginning though. Telling lies is not the way to get out of trouble. Did you punish her for telling the lie?