Budgeting

Timothy

Do you budget money in your household? For those of you that do, how do you allocate your money? Do you find it hard to stick to your budget? Do you occasionally allow for splurges?

CHenne

We budget but not 100%. We should get better at it. I bet if we tightened our belts a little bit we could save a lot more money. We put a certain dollar amount away each pay so we can splurge.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I do not find it hard to stick within budget, but the wife does. I do the budgeting, I looked up things like costs of certain items last year and factored that in. Looked at income ranges, and averaged it out and worked out how much we have for things.

Victor

We budget but not as strictly as we should. We are both bad about giving into impulse and buying something or going out to dinner when we really shouldn't.

Timothy

I hear you, Victor. We budget too, but not down to the penny, if you know what I mean. Our bills are pretty much the same every month, so we mostly just budget food and splurge spending. We're doing pretty good at it but I think if we tightened up some more, we would have more saved up.

Andersson

We are not super strict but we do plan for large and extra expenses before going out and just getting the first one we see available. A great example is the new fridge that we actually need, its been a few months and we have gone through about six stores but we finally have what we want and the price we want to pay.

Jack

We do it more by feel than strictly by the numbers. We know what our recurring expenses are and we always have a feel for what we can afford to spend or not spend.