But there so small!

NoobDad

We were at a friends who just had her baby. She wanted me to hold it so I did. While my wife was busy saying how good I looked holding the baby I was flipping out inside! I had to give the baby back and go outside. What am I going to do when my baby comes if I am freaked out by holding it??!?!

Last edited:

Independent

Babies are not as fragile as they look. I am pretty sure I was dropped on my head a few times as a baby and I turned out just fine! Lol, seriously, when the baby comes you won't feel like that.

daddydoright

I felt the same way in the beginning. I thought they were going to break if I squeezed them to hard and was constantly worried what would happen if I accidently dropped them. Believe me, your senses will be heightened and instincts will kick in that you didn’t even know you had. But if you do make a mistake, forgive yourself. Remember, this is an “on the job training” position.

Davidson

Even if you do feel like that when your baby is born, in a week or so the lack of sleep will dull you to the point that you'll do anything just to put the little guy back to sleep. Don't worry you'll be just fine ;).

Jackson

Don't worry as soon as it's your baby you are holding you won't want to let it go for anything in the world. New parents tend to worry about anything and everything, if taking care of babies were really that big of a problem, we would have gone extinct a long time ago.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
You get used to it, especially when it is your own child. I never wanted to hold a young baby, until I had mine. Was still nervous, but nothing like before.

crowl

I do the same thing around any kid that is not mine. See once you get used to the baby its almost like it fits like a glove. This is why parents can always toss their kids up in the air (a little) but a non-parent can not. ;)