Can't afford a car!

danno

At the moment I just cannot afford to buy, tax and insure a car so I have been managing without and it's surprisingly easy! My son walks the short distance to school and back and I shop at my local shop rather than the large supermarket. Maybe I won't ever have one again!

Jdrake

I just got our car paid off and I have promised myself that we will never buy a car if we have to have a payment. Right now my wife and I share our car and it works fine. I would like to get her a car. I had a $350 car payment so now that $350 will go in to a fund. Once it is large enough we will use it to purchase a $3k or $4k car. Until then we are just going to hold tight.

Cruise

At the moment I just cannot afford to buy, tax and insure a car so I have been managing without and it's surprisingly easy! My son walks the short distance to school and back and I shop at my local shop rather than the large supermarket. Maybe I won't ever have one again!
That's great Danno that you seem to be able to live without a car. You did not even mention about public transport. Anyway, if you still needed it someday, I think a used car would be a good alternative to the new one.

Howard

We have two vehicles right now (a pick-up and SUV) and it has been SO tempting to sell the SUV. It would be expensive to use just the truck, but overall, still less than running both.