Carving the bird

Salazar

This job is always left up to me and I feel like I totally botch it every time. I'd really like to get it right this year. My wife showed me an article in one of her magazines that gives a step-be-step description of how to do it, but I have a feeling it still isn't going to be as easy as they made it look. Any tips?

Andersson

They always say that practice makes perfect but I can tell you that even as old as I am now, I still have my bad years. Most times we flip a coin or rock, paper, scissors to see who gets job for the Turkey Day.

Victor

I'm terrible at it. I just hack away until there are piles of meat on the plate. This year, though, I'm going to have an electric knife so at least it'll be a little less labor intensive.

Salazar

I'm terrible at it. I just hack away until there are piles of meat on the plate. This year, though, I'm going to have an electric knife so at least it'll be a little less labor intensive.
That's fantastic!! :D That has been my exact plan of attack for years!

I hadn't thought about getting an electric knife, but maybe I should look into it. Even if it still goes the route of a hack job, an electric knife has to make the job a lot easier.