Cell phone in car ban

Sportsfanatic

Did anyone else see the news about them pushing to ban using a cell phone completely in a car? Do you think this is just another thing to take away rights or is it a positive thing. I use my cell phone in the car. I don't use it as much as I know others do but I do. I also remember when cell phones weren't something everyone had so if there was a ban, I'd have no problem with it. There are a lot of accidents due to them anyways.

Mack

People get distracted because they are trying to drive and talk on their cell phone. I don't think that people should have the right to endanger other people because they are distracted.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Mack, what about drive thru's? How hard is it to eat a burger and drive? How about changing cd's, or radio stations? To me it is another feel good law of someone who wants to make a name for themselves. People are still going to do, just like many people speed and tailgate. Is it right? No, but in the eyes of many it is a law that is ignored.

Freezie

I am fine for a ban on texting. I just really don't care if people talk on the phone. I don't care if people eat in the car. I don't care if people change the radio when they drive. So long as they do these things without causing a problem on the road, I'm fine with it. Different things distract different people. People who are obviously distracted can get tickets for distracted driving based on whether or not the driver shows it. Personally, having a child in the car is one of the biggest distractions I have ever had but I wouldn't want to ban that.