Children and Veggies

Papa Bear

With all the fast food chain surrounding them, it really is harder to train the children to eat veggies. How are you doing with children and veggies?

Jdrake

I get the V8 veggie fruit juice. It is funny because I have been doing this for years. My son and daughter only realized it today. They love the juice, and they get lots of fruits and veggies.

benben

I didn't know V8 made anything like that. I just thought they made the horrible tomato juice. I am going to have to check that out because I know my kids and I don't eat our 5 a day (the wife does though!)

TJoel

We started with fruits as I found that it's easier to get the kids eat fruits than to get them eat veggies. I think it's because fruits are 'more edible' for kids than veggies are.

polamalu43

We started our kids out with loads of fresh fruits and vegetables when they were really young. I don't think there is a fruit or vegetable that they won't eat. It's funny when we go to Arby's - they always pick the apples as a side.

CHenne

It's just a rule at our house - you have to take a helping of vegetables with your dinner and also with lunch. We have cut up raw veggies in the fridge at all times so it is easy to get the kids to eat them.