Chiropractor for teens?

RayRay

I'm not really sure how I feel about this. Lately, my daughter has been complaining of back pain and has been asking me to rub it quite a bit. I've been considering taking her to the chiropractor to get her checked out, but I'm not completely sure. Any advice?!

Jdrake

My 10 year old goes to a chiropractor. Here is the deal though, you only want to sent your child, even a teen, to a pediatric chiropractor. You want someone who's main practice is dealing with kids. You don't want to take them to one that sees mostly adults.

Adam

Neither of my daughter's have ever seen a chiropractor. Then again, we have been lucky enough that neither of my daughter's have had any real back pain. I personally don't enjoy going to the chiropractor. Chances are I won't be taking them to see a chiropractor unless they ask.

Aiden

I personally wouldn't do it because it's a kinda risky thing. I personally am pretty scared of chiropractors. I know I don't have a good reason but it's crazy how they crack your neck so fast. It looks painful.

MickL

I don't go to the chiropractor myself, let alone take any of my kids there. After all, I think kids' (and teens') bone structure hasn't been developed enough to take the treatment, but it's just me.

Pops

I probably wouldn't do it, unless you KNOW that something is seriously wrong with your teen's back. The chiropractor may make it worse. You never really know.

stayathomepaul

I had no idea that there were chiropractors who only work with kids! I looked that up and there are three in my area. When I called them they said that they don't crack bones the same way that the do for adults and that they use a similar technique to what they use on pregnant woman that is gentle, yet effective. Cool to know.

RayRay

I didn't know there were chiropractor's that specialized in children only. I wonder if there are any in my area? I may want to look into something like that. I still haven't made a final decision on whether or not it is safe to do this yet or not.