Christmas Bonuses?

Sinbian

Is your employer generous this time of year? Do you get any special bonuses for your work? I know some that do but most businesses in my area don't offer anything.

polamalu43

I was given a Christmas bonus! I did not even expect it so it was a welcome surprise. I was also given a gift card to a local grocery store from another job. I gave this to my wife, she is the savvy shopper.

Sinbian

I was not given anything of that sort. :( It would have sure meant a lot before the holiday season to fix all the financial patches.

Fargon

I got a bonus that was pretty good. Most of it went to my daughter via the gifts for Christmas, so it really did help this year.

Timothy

The company I work for doesn't offer Christmas bonuses, but that's okay as far as I'm concerned, because they pay us a lot better than most other companies do for the same type of work.

Bearsfan

While I don't get a Christmas bonus, my wife does get a small one. It's never anything that we count on getting. My company does have a nice Christmas party each year. Usually my wife and I will make a night of it and get a room at a hotel and just enjoy ourselves.

Andersson

I remember the years of wondering if we would get one or not, the last few before I retired were pretty hard times for us as nothing was expected or giving. The company I worked for went belly up two years after I retired but thankfully we had a good next egg saved up.

Salazar

I got a company jacket, a company hat, and a ham. I have nothing to complain about because I make darn good money throughout the year, but my wife always teases me about what she calls my "meat product bonus." Every year I get either a stuffed chicken, a ham, or a turkey and she thinks it's hysterical.