Christmas Breakfast

Bear

What does your family have for breakfast on Christmas morning? We do a big breakfast every Saturday and Sunday morning so I am looking for ideas to make Christmas breakfast "extra" special. :)

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I like my fried dough. My friend taught it to me and calls it pop tarts.

Buy the frozen bread that comes in packages of three. I forget the name right now, but it is gold/yellow and red packaging.

Take a big bowl, preferably non-plastic. Grease it up some, pam will work. Take a lough of the bread and toss it in and cover with plastic wrap. Let it sit over night. The next morning it will be big and puffy. I poke it and it deflates. I then heat up a pan, toss some butter in it to get it slippery. Pull a piece of the dough off, try and flatten it as best as I can with my hands. Toss it in the pan and wait for the bottom to get a little hard, flip and push down to flatten more. Once it gets about a quarter of an inch thick, I let it sit until each side is a nice golden brown. Then I serve with jam, jelly, or whatever the person wants on it. I'll eat them plan sometimes.

Other then that, I do the typical food items. I like Ramsay's scrambled eggs.
Perfect Scrambled Eggs Breakfast - YouTube

Strongarm

We'll probably have some cinnimon french toast with hash browns and bacon. I use to get up super early on Christmas, but we've been sleeping in on that day recently. I know it's all going to change when we have our child and they are old enough to know what Christmas is.