Christmas Budget

Timothy

Do you guys have a Christmas budget laid out yet? My wife and I have been talking, and because she took a pay cut earlier this year, we are working with a tight budget. No one in our family will be getting 1,000 dollar TVs from us this year!!

Don

We set the budget several months ago with the intention of putting some aside each week to pay for Christmas. It hasn't quite worked out the way I had hoped, but we aren't far off from our goal.

BigPapa

We actually shop all year long so it doesn't hit us so hard in December. It makes budgeting for gifts a whole lot easier that is for sure. That being said out budget is never very large because we use coupons and hit sales.

Mel

We don't really make a big deal of Christmas. The few extras that we indulge in during the holiday season are well within our regular budget.

Timothy

Yeah, we've never been a family to make a big deal out of Christmas either, but some of our extended family and friends all make a big fuss over it, so it seems like it's hard for them to understand where we're coming from when we say we're not going in debt over it.

Endalia

We are doing well to afford to buy anything extra so the kids are happy with small gifts. I would rather buy one gift of quality rather than a ton of small things.

Salazar

We never go into debt over Christmas, but we don't really make a budget either. My wife usually starts shopping over the summer and she'll take a (loosely) set amount out of each paycheck for buying presents.