Christmas Expectations

SeaUrchin

With all of the new electronics coming out every month or so, all of our kids are expecting big gifts for Christmas. I gotta tell you though, I'm not spending all that much for Christmas this year. The economy is still in horrible shape where we live and we don't want to chance draining a lot of money out of savings to pay for some toy. I think they may be disappointed but I don't know what else to do.

WillyWonka

I've been pretty lucky so far. But a Princess doesn't have to worry about presents. They seem to be pretty much standard. I've already heard some ideas from Memaw and Papaw and all of the aunts and uncles. But I've just got the one right now and she's almost 4 so she's not quite into the electronic scene yet.

Wilbur

Yea, my son isn't old enough to be into electronics yet, but when the time comes he is just going to have to get used to not getting everything under the sun. I'll have no problem getting him a few things that he really wants, but I'm not breaking the bank for video games and stuff like that.

stewy

Mine are still quite small but I hope to be able to impress upon them that they should be happy and grateful with whatever they get because we are all feeling the pinch!

Daddy-O

Sea, don't be down because you're not spoiling your kids. Too many people these days are, and in my opinion, it's a bad thing. When you give a kid so much, they come to expect that much every Christmas. What happens when you can't deliver. I used to buy my daughter around $200 of gifts for Christmas but, with the economy down, I've lowered that to $100. She was disappointed at first but now she understands. The important thing is, she still loves me.

Manning

I think a lot of kids get too much and have it too easy. It's good that they learn their parents don't have unlimited funds to get them everything they want. especially since each one might want 2 or 3 things that cost a lot.