Christmas shopping

Jarred

Has anyone started yet? My wife is always finished by Thanksgiving and I feel so guilty waiting for December. I think this year I might make an effort to get started in October so it won't be so rushed.

stayathomepaul

Yeah, we have already started. We tend to pick up a few things here and there and watch for the good deals. We find it is much cheaper to do it that way then to wait until the last moment.

Unclerob

Oh yeah we have already started shopping! We have a lot of nieces and nephews to buy for and now one of our own (Of course he won't be here by Christmas).
Starting early is a good thing, it means less money out of the wallet in December.

Alex

Wow I wish I would have started already! My wife gets so mad at me because I am so last minute. Our first year together she realized I wait until Christmas Eve to do all my shopping. She got me out of the habit, but last year I still bought her gift Christmas Eve. She has all her shopping done by the first week of December. I don't have to worry about shopping any more except for her. Maybe some day I will shop ahead of time.

Jarred

That's where I'm at, Alex. She does the shopping for everyone else on both sides of the family and she organizes times for her and I to go shopping for our daughter. All I have to shop for is her and I have really good intentions and good ideas, but I still wait until December. I'm going to go with the excuse that the fall months fly by so fast - it's not my fault :D

Sampson

To be honest, I haven't even really thought about Christmas shopping. My wife usually takes the lead on this and I'm more than happy to let her do just that. Take my credit card...please....

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I start mine after the New Year with all the sales. The hard part is both families do a gift exchange, and I usually do not know who I am buying for until Thanksgiving or so.

robertc

Christmas Shopping ?

I'm still (today is 10/06) trying to gets my three kids prepared for Halloween and then after that there is the Thanksgiving holiday; always a pain with my wife's family. I won't even start to do my Christmas shopping until after Thanksgiving. Do I feel guilty about it ? A bit.

Andrew

I myself start in November, it's easier to hide the gifts this way. I started doing this when my youngest found his Christmas gift and started playing with it when we weren't home and putting it back just before me or my wife arrived home from work.

WillyWonka

I'm always waiting until the last minute. I'm the typical "Let's see what the convenience store has to offer". There have been Christmas's when my Dad gets Oil for an oil change for his car. LOL