Cleaning The House

Leon

How many here clean their homes as a family? I thought about this just now because my wife mostly does the cleaning and my kids only play around. I think it will much faster to clean house as well as help my wife ease up her duties around the house if we do it as a family.

Adam

My wife does most of the cleaning at our house as well. I pitch in, and lately we have been trying to get our daughter to do little things...that way she feels like she is a part of everything & isn't being left out.

greatdad

My wife and kids do most of the cleaning. The kids have had chores since they were younger, so they've grown up with helping her. Now, they'll sometimes pitch in and help with things that they don't have to do. I pitch in, too, when I can.

youngdad

I'm a single dad and my son is 3, so I do most of the cleaning. It's cute the way he tries to help, though. I hope it carries over to when he gets older and I think it will. He has little chores that he does now and I'll give him more as he gets older.

polamalu43

My kids do chores each week and weekend. I help clean the house too. We all live in it right, it's not any 1 persons job. We all dirty it. My wife works outside the home too so it's only fair that we all help out.

Aiden

Once kids are old enough, I think it's important to have them help. Sure, it may take a bit longer but I think it's something they need to learn about. My children are extremely helpful :)

SeaUrchin

We do. Our kids are in charge of taking care of their rooms according to their age. We make sure they don't have things like left over food or drink or anything unsanitary but they pretty much do their own thing with their rooms. Honestly, when their friends are coming over, you see a LOT of cleaning going on. The older kids also share chores in other parts of the house. The little ones share as they are able.

pokerdad

The kids have different things they are to do during the week, and then on the weekend also. Sometimes it is a hassle to make sure they do their chores the way are supposed to, but I think, it's part of helping them learn to be responsible.

William

Seems like we have members that have great homes. Anyway we won't spend our time here exchanging ideas to improve our way of life if we are not that applying it right?

So when is the time when we could ask the little ones to help out in house chores?