Computer programs for kids

Dad Brad

We are using computer apps to help our kids learn to read and think. So far we like School Zone Start to Read! This app uses online flash cards, books and games to teach preschool and primary kids to read. We liked Alphabet Animals, too.

Wyss

I have heard of them more for their work books than anything else. Does the program run off of a website or is it something that you download?

Enrique

We are using computer apps to help our kids learn to read and think. So far we like School Zone Start to Read! This app uses online flash cards, books and games to teach preschool and primary kids to read. We liked Alphabet Animals, too.
I visited the websites you mentioned just now. My son is four years old and he's showing a great interest in reading. I might try these programs since it seems your kids have learned from them. Thanks!

BigPapa

We have Reader Rabbit games for the computer. It has drawing, reading and early math skills. The best part is there are different games for each age bracket so it can grow with our daughter. We also like Super Why on the Android. Super Why teaches early reading, writing and reasoning skills.

Victor

Starfall.com is also a great website for learning ABCs and other pre-reading skills. My oldest daughter has been hooked for over a year and she's only 2.5 years old.

Betterman

I didn't even know online sites for kids existed. I figured learning programs were going to have to be purchased and installed; having a website will make things much easier.

Sinbian

I'm trying to keep my kids away from electronics as much as I can. I'm a big fan of technology but I don't want them hooked up since age 4.

ghanashyam

Computer is a great tool for children of all ages. I know a shooting game which sharpens the skills in immediate action and recognizing the colors.

edvisual

I wasn't really into this, but gave me a quite good idea I have to say.
Good tips, I've never thought of that

FrankSinatra

I forgot what they are called but my nieces and nephews had one of these little computers that only had kid-friendly, learning programs...it even had some fun ones like Where's Waldo? and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

I think you can get them at like Toys 'R Us.