Controlling The Remote Control

Verny

Do you let your children get hold of the remote control when the whole family is watching?

I control the remote control every time we watch the TV. But I don't control which channel to watch because we usually vote for what channel and what show to watch. The thing is, the shows that we vote on are the shows that I would like to watch myself. Well, I don't tell this because it will be unfair if they knew it. :D

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Our daughter does not handle the remote. But she usually watches her shoes. Once in a while I will take charge of what is being watched though.

MatthewR

My daughter can have control of the remote. I don't mind. Usually we like to watch the same thing so it's not a problem. If there is something I really want to watch and they don't, I'll go upstairs.

CubFanJack

No, my son does not get to hold the remote when the family is watching television. He likes to push buttons and will pause the show or change channels. It just drives me crazy.

Travis

Actually I am not a big fan of television and wouldn't care about what shows we are watching (as long as it's allowed for children), so I would let either my wife or my daughter hold the remote.