Coupon clipping...worth it?

DriverDan

My wife has started clipping coupons. So now she's buying brands that she has coupons for and not ones that I necessarily like. Does your family clip coupons and does it really save that much money?

PeterPater

Both my wife and I do save coupons if we see anything for our usual purchases. The only time we bought a different brand was when it came out as practically free. I think it's a risk because if you don't like or use it then you've lost rather than saved. (Look out for those where you get cheap meat and you'll save a lot.)

Sinbian

Almost all marketing tricks are based on such schemes. Sometimes you can save a few bucks but there's not any real benefit to it. It requires too much attention to gain and save that little.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
We clip coupons, but also check to see if the coupon price is cheaper. You can make out good with coupons, but you just have to be careful. Sort of like you do not always make out buying in bulk at Sams Club or Costco, sometimes you pay more then buying in a regular store.

Millman

My wife loves clipping coupons. But, she only uses the ones for brands we like. Every once in a while she'll find a coupon and try something new, but she won't buy something we don't really like just because she has a coupon for it.

Jessie

We save a lot of money by shopping sales and using coupons so I really enjoy the fact that my wife clips them. She comes home and shows me the savings and I just smile.

Pops

I am the coupon clipper in the house! It's a ritual. Every Sunday we get all the advertisements in the mail, and I sit there and clip away at them. For our family, clipping coupons is definitely worth it!

Jeff

I completely agree coupons are really worth it in the end. I saved $40 on grocery's last week and that is something I will never dispute!

danno

I'll only use coupons for stuff that I like anyway although I don't mind trying something new. If it's something I really don't like it isn't a saving because I just won't eat it.