Cucumber sandwiches

Salazar

Thanks to the heat wave, we've had cucumber sandwiches for dinner a couple nights this week and they're actually pretty good. My wife makes them with cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper. Get the cream cheese to room temperature and add everything else to taste. Spread that on your favorite bread and add the cucumber slices.

BigPapa

That sounds really good, but my wife and daughter would not consider that dinner. I am glad that the heat wave finally broke even if it's just a little. It's only 80 today instead of 102.

polamalu43

Yuk! I love cucumbers but not like that. I like to slice them up and add them to a little water/vinegar mixture. We still have no veggies ready in our garden. It sure has been hot but we got a late start at planting.

CHenne

There is something about cucumbers and bread that turn my stomach. My parents like cucumber sandwiches but I don't. My kids would eat liver before they would eat this.

Andersson

That does sound pretty nice. We keep cucumbers around and snack on them, it has to be one of my favorite snacks unless the wife is baking something.

Alfy

I like cucumbers but I don't like cucumber sandwiches. I don't know why since I like cucumbers and I like bread. I wonder if my daughter would like these sandwiches.

Blue44

I actually like cucumber sandwiches. Mine are not as complex. Just slice a cucumber the long way add a little mayonnaise and salt and I am good to go. My family considers this a snack, not a meal.