Daddy's Little Girls

RandysDad

Alright. I know at 16 my daughter is growing up, but some of the losers that she brings home are absolutely laughable. She brought one kid home this weekend who had all of his hair in his face. I mean, it was literally combed straight down like he had bangs but he couldn't see. He kept bumping into things and I had to work very hard not to laugh. She was so thrilled that he came over for pizza though. Gee whiz!

WallysBunch

Haven't had to go through this yet since my littlest child is a 3 year old girl. But the boy's have had some really strange looking girls come over as well. I think every kid is trying to grow up and conform to their generations fads. They'll soon find out what works.

stayathomepaul

Heh, I am sure our parents thought the friends we were bringing home looked ridiculous. Now I understand fads, but I do not understand why you would wear your hair so you could not see! How hazardous!

Rip_VanWinkle

You just described my worse nightmare. I don't know what I will do when dating time gets here. Where we that bad? Where we the nightmare of fathers past?

WillyWonka

I know I was. An old Army jacket, a pair of ripped jeans and a t-shirt big enough for three of me. I had a ponytail-still do as a matter of fact and was so painfully shy all I could say was "Hey" or nod my head. My first girlfriend said her dad told her she sure hoped I wasn't the norm at school. Little did he know she was to become a biker chick and ran with a biker gang.

Salazar

This thread makes me think of that country song Cleaning This Gun by Rodney Atkins. My daughter is only two, but I am already anticipating what she will bring home. Can you imagine what the kids are going to look/act like in another 15 years???

Jerry F

I can identify with that. I wasn't the prize pig at the fair when I was a teenager. :p I'm sure I made a lot of fathers very nervous during my teen dating days. Now, when someone wants to date my daughter, they better be polite and hands off because I know all of the tricks that teen boys use.

CoolFather

All the hair on his face, eh? What was he - emo / goth / rocker?

Neah, I don't think I was a nightmare for my father-in-law. I was a pretty decent person, well-kept and dapper. One thing my wife's parents were dissatisfied with was my height. I'm on the shorter side... :(