Dads and college

LeonR

Taking your kids to college is quite an exasperating experience. The first trip we made a family affair. After that, my daughter preferred to keep it low key a bit more. I liked seeing where she was living, but I wanted to stay out of her way, too. How often do other dads of college kids visit their children at college?

Blended

My parents used to visit me once a year because I was a bit shy and I didn't want others to say how I need my parents so often. :) But I used to visit them every two months or so.

JDan

I'm an older dad, even it my kid isn't a college kid yet. Just imagine a kid going off to college and she's got her grandfather with her. That's how it seems when I'm with my children, past -- present -- or future. I love them, but I highly recommend having your children when you're younger.

Ronald

Leon, my kid isn't in college yet, or even grade school for that matter, but my dad kept things low key with me when I went to college. He and my mom helped me move in on moving day, but after that I went and visited them, not the other way around.