Daily fluid intake

Jarred

Does anyone know if fluids other than water count toward your daily intake? I've been trying to drink 64 ounces of water a day, but that on top of 4 or 5 cups of coffee (decaf) and a cup of tea or two is making me feel water logged. I don't drink any soda at all. If I do drink juice, it is a medium glass of no sugar cranberry juice, but I only drink that maybe every other day.

We do drink a couple of glasses of wine in the evenings and I know alcohol can dehydrate, but by the time that point of the day rolls around I'm usually so saturated with all that water, coffee, and tea that I could drink a whole bottle of wine and still not get dehydrated, lol.

sid

I need guidance on this question too. But I did hear one water therapy practitioner say that only pure water is counted. Coffee, tea, juice, and the like are not. In the same breath, he strongly recommends alkaline water.

Jaxon

If I'm not working a lot, 4 12 oz. glasses are good for me. But if I exert myself more than normal, I need about twice that much. I kind of play it by ear.

Ramblin' Ron

I drink tons of water every day. And no, tea, coffee and other drinks like that don't count. Even if they are decaffeinated they have bits of caffeine in them. They are all dehydrating and will cause you to need more water than you've already had.

McGregor

I drink a lot of water (maybe 2 - 3 liters) daily. I don't think the other fluids count toward our total intake of water. Moreover, normally we drink less water than we should, so why bother to count it?