Delicate Question

Heartbeat

Ok guys. I know we are anonymous here so I feel a bit better asking this here than I do at the doctor's office when my wife is present. What about sex during pregnancy? Is it safe for her and the baby? I don't want to do anything that may cause the baby to be lost or harmed. Please give me a clue as I am clueless here about pregnancy.

WillyWonka

Unless your wife is having trouble with bleeding or spotting and the doctor hasn't said otherwise, yes you can have sex during pregnancy. As a matter of fact a lot of the pressure of whether she is pregnant or not or trying for a baby is off. It can be quite a bit more pleasurable.

Matt

I don't remember the specifics but yes, it is safe as long as you are careful. When it gets closer to the due date, you can no longer have sex from what I remember. Talk to your doc for more details.

WillyWonka

You really would do better asking the doctor about something like this. Any issues your wife is having you could discuss with the doctor and they could tell you if everything is alright.

Last edited:

Kenny

Unless her doctor has told her other wise it is safe for you and your wife to have sex right up until delivery. In fact there towards the end if there haven't been any signs of labor many OB's will encourage you to have sex to get things moving.

Jessie

Yes I agree with all. We were cleared for sex the entire time and when my wife went overdue the doctor did suggest we have sex frequently. As long as your both comfortable with it and your doctor hasn't said otherwise their should be no issues.