Dental Visit #2

Timothy

I was supposed to go back to the dentist today for my second appointment, where they were going to remove the molars from the right side of my mouth. (Don't know if you guys remember but last month I posted about where they took out the molars from the left side.) However, my wife got sick about 11 o'clock last night and when I rummaged through our medicine cabinet about 1 am, we didn't have anything to help her. I had to make a late night run to Walmart for medicine which didn't kick in and help her until about 4 am, so the two of us were up pretty much all night. When the alarm went off about 9 am, we both agreed that my appointment would have to be rescheduled. Now it's going to be March 14th and I get to dread it for two more weeks... Yay.

Salazar

Oh, that stinks, Timothy! I recently had to reschedule a dentist appointment and I hate having to do that because I would much rather just get it over with.

polamalu43

That really stinks! It's too bad you couldn't just go anyway even when you were tired. I have to make an appointment too. I think I might have a cavity! I hate the drilling and poking that the dentist does, but it needs to be done.

Timothy

We rescheduled the appointment and went back to bed that day, then later when I woke up, I wished I would have just went on ahead and gotten it over with. =/ Even if I hadn't been so tired though, my wife was still sick that morning and I don't think she would have been able to come with me, wait on me, and then drive me back home afterwards (they give a sedative and insist on having a driver).

Victor

It is probably best that you rescheduled, but of course now you have that much longer to fret about it. I'm sorry. Try not to think about it any more than you can help.

Last edited:

John

I would rather go to the doctor ten times than the dentist once. People who have really sensitive teeth can understand what I'm talking about. I try to just grin and bear it, but it's so darned hard. Good luck!

Andersson

It must be that time of the year when people are hitting up the dental clinics. I know two people from last week that went in, one for wisdom teeth being removed and another for a root canal. I never had any issues with the dentist myself, I guess I had a good one as a child and that set me in motion. I know many people that hate the dentist, even in my age group.

Timothy

Andersson - I'm definitely one of those people that hates to go to the dentist, even as an adult! I'm the one that John mentioned who would rather go to the doctor ten times than to the dentist once. Still have about a week to go til that appointment though and the further away I get from when the appointment was originally scheduled, the more I regret not biting the bullet and going in!