Did you had what you wanted in career.

ghanashyam

I wanted to become the COST ACCOUNTANT and I had also passed some qualifying tests for the profession, but when I passed the BANKING tests, the bank selected me, I worked as Banker and retired as Banker, but I still think I should have gone to become a cost accountant rather than baker.

Jatelo2

Yes I want to be a Medical Doc and an IT expert. I can say I have made very huge steps in trying to achieve this goal...I'm fine with where I am currently!

FrankSinatra

I wanted to be a Funeral Director and still have the ability to do so but time and money aren't on my side. I know I can probably do it if I try hard enough but I have other things that need to come first...maybe one day.

roncar

I love what I do as a salesman. My customers love me and I get orders from companies where other salesmen can't. But the last company that recently let me go because of budget cuts was run by morons. I gave them so many suggestions on how to better budget their money, which they didn't listen to. A few years later, every one of the partners lost their homes to foreclosures and are heading towards closing their business altogether.

Which, I'm afraid, will happen sooner rather than later, because I just signed on with 4 different companies in this same industry where I will be an independant sales rep selling products that my old company sold. I get along great with all the people I had sold to through my old company and I've already spoken to most of them and they've told me that they would rather give their orders to me instead of where I used to work because they know when I say I can make something happen, it will happen.

I'm not trying to sound spiteful, but I'm good at what I do and know I will make more money working for myself. So maybe it was a good thing this company let me go. Well, good for me at least, can't say the same for them.

Last edited:

ghanashyam

Lately, after leaving banks I tried again to join the cost accounts course but they told me to appear the preliminary entrance test again and a probation period of 6 months in factory. That made everything difficult. I had passed some subjects while I was studying but now the course has changed.

youngone

My ultimate aim in life when I was growing up was to become a footballer. I was obsessed with football, I played every day and played for a professional team at youth level. It's one of the hardest professions to break into, the dream is over.

I then wanted to become a personal trainer and I achieved that goal.

FrankSinatra

Lately, after leaving banks I tried again to join the cost accounts course but they told me to appear the preliminary entrance test again and a probation period of 6 months in factory. That made everything difficult. I had passed some subjects while I was studying but now the course has changed.
I wanted to be an accountant and even went to college for it. I almost graduated and decided I didn't want to be miserable and locked in a box for the rest of my life. Kudos to you if that is what you like but really study the profession and shadow people in the industry. You might find it to be boring and tedious and just an overall pain in the *** that isn't worth it for you.