Do you say this?

Zebeddee

My male friend just told me that he is going to be a dad, with the phrase 'we are pregnant'. I don't know why exactly but it just sounds kind of odd. Am I alone in thinking this?

Daddy_Dearest

I think there is a 50/50 split on this, at least in my circle of friends. Lately, more and more guys are saying we are pregnant. Some would say that we guys are belly envious and want to be more active in the whole thing. Others would say that the guy just want to make his wife happy. Who know? Does it really matter? I personally think that if it gives you brownie points, go for it.

Aiden

I've always thought it was a really weird way to put it; as if both the man and woman are pregnant but I think it's cute. I guess it's a way to include the guy in it and make it a couple thing. Instead of saying "she's pregnant". It sounds more involved the other way.

danno

I've heard it a lot too though I never said it when my wife was expecting our son. It makes sense because both of you were involved.

Salazar

When my wife was pregnant I said it once in a while. I can't explain why sometimes "she" was pregnant and sometimes "we" were pregnant, but it just came out like that now and then. Really, it is a "we" thing because as we all know, if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy :D

Dad2Be

I might say We're going to have a baby, but I've never claimed to be pregnant. I have heard people say it, I understand what they're saying. It still sounds weird.

Jackson

We all know the only man that can get pregnant is Arnold Schwarzenegger, so other men who say this must be his clones. On a more serious note, I heard it said, I never said it myself, it just sounds wrong when a man says those words.

Last edited: