Do your kids take vitamins?

Lorenzo

Do you give your kids a daily dose of vitamins? What kind are these and do they really work (like they don't get sick easily, or there is a significant change in their appetite, among others)?

Justadad

I don't think kids who have a balanced diet and who get plenty of fresh air and sunlight need extra vitamins. Those who spend all day indoors playing computer games may need vitamin D though.

Don

Our pediatrician recommended the chewable vitamins, so that is what we have always used. She believes there are too many impurities in our food these day, so she things it is a good idea.

footballtim

As some of the other posts mentioned, it all depends on the child's diet. I ate like a horse, but it was mostly good food, so I did not need vitamins. My mother was the best cook in the world, and as a result, I grew up very healthy.

stephen

We give the kids vitamins. I just wish they were regular pills instead of yummy, tasty candy-like pills. After a certain age they should learn to swallow regular pills for their own good. Pills that look like candy scare me since so many prescriptions nowadays come in so many vibrant colors.

Bearsfan

We do the chewables for the kids. Both my wife and I think that they probably get enough of most vitamins through their diet, but we like the idea of them getting extra calcium at least.

Andersson

Our kids never took any until they were in their teens, it was more of the rave then I guess. Their kids now take them daily and I do not always see a point in it especially at such young ages.

ghanashyam

They never take any vitamins and I highly object it as well. They are full of energy. My younger child would play cricket for 2 hours after coming from college. Where is the need of vitamins? I wish he could lend me some energy.