Does your son take long showers?

BigDaddy

Not sure if its time to have the talk....when did you or your son start taking the really long showers where only one part of their body was actually getting clean?

themdno

Haha, I think if he's already taking the long showers, it's waay too late to be giving the talk. He already knows the deal.

I guess, I started taking those long showers around 11-12 years old. That was probably a good 3-4 years after my Dad gave me the talk.

JRDeep

Not yet. I'm not looking forward to the day where I notice this either. Right now, my son hates showers, and makes sure get in and out as soon as humanly possible. He could take an umbrella with him , and I'd be cool with it as long as he doesn't linger.

Niceness8000

No. At least not yet. You would think that with his fascination with water he would stay in the shower all day. Right now he loses interest fairly quickly and then goes on about his business. I do not know if this is going to change. I take long showers myself, so I don't know if I will really care too much if his time increases.

writer811

Well, I know I started masturbating at the age of six, so maybe it is time for the talk. Many kids start surprisingly early. I don't know how old your son is but if he's old enough to shower alone, he's old enough to masturbate.

BigDaddy

He is almost 10 so yea. I was hoping to get maybe one more year without competition for the victorias secret catalogs HAHA JK

edvisual

He is almost 10 so yea. I was hoping to get maybe one more year without competition for the victorias secret catalogs HAHA JK
A 10 year old kid knows everything these days, I don't even know if you should ever have "the talk". My dad never had the talk with me, so here I am.

flfsurveyor

I think my boys started playing with the monkey at around 9 yrs old. And I never had the talk with them. I started at around 7 yrs old. Neither did my dad had a talk with me.

ghanashyam

No sir, he is not taking long showers, on the contrary he is taking very short showers so that I shout out at him from outside to keep clean everything including his underarms and make generous use of soap, it is all at my cost.

Victor Leigh

Oddly, I never went through this phase with any of my sons. Maybe it's because my sons went straight from school into working life. When they were in school, there was just too much homework to finish to be able to spend too much time in the shower. Then when they start working, they move out and they are on their own.

NoRisk

At first glance i thought this thread was generally asking if sons take long showers :p Personally i started the 'long showers' at a young age, and before i ever got any 'talk.

BigDaddy

At first glance i thought this thread was generally asking if sons take long showers :p Personally i started the 'long showers' at a young age, and before i ever got any 'talk.
Yes I honestly wanted to know if I was the only one whos son has only one clean part of their body after an hour long shower. :eek: :eek: dont remember being in the shower THAT long but then again it was a long time ago.

Jatelo2

Haha, this happened to me at about 17. Anyway I have a sibling who is only 12 and yet he has started taking the 'long showers'. However, I want to differ with the notion that all long showers are what this thread might be suggesting i.e. if I din't read it out of context. Some people are just clean with the cleaning process and that is all.

youngone

My son is only 6 so he hasn't reached that stage yet. I never talked about masturbation with my dad, I have no issue with that. I don't think you need to talk about it ,it's something you work out naturally as you grow up. I will probably not be having that talk with my son when he is older, I don't think it's necessary.

BigPapa

At 10, you should have already had at least a basics talk about the changes his body would be facing over the next couple years. You want to catch him before either his friends do or it has already happened.

tommymac

I think it's time for you to have "the talk". If he's taking long showers, he's thinking about ways he can get the same feeling without having to have the shower involved.

Good luck to you.

mollew3

I dont even usually pay attention to how much time my son spends in the shower. I spend a lot of time in the shower for relaxation so I wouldnt automatically assume that my son is doing anything.

Hedonologist

I remember the long shower phase :p When people asked me why I was spending so long in the shower I just immediately started taking shorter showers, and being more pro-active with the 10 minutes I had there. It's up to you but I don't think any serious talk is necessary, although many fathers see it as a sort of rite-of-passage.

Victor Leigh

Actually I never got the talk from my father and I grew up fine. So I never gave the talk to my own children and they grew up fine, too.