Dogs Digging in the Yard

ryan

I guess it's just their nature, but one of our dogs in particular is always digging. What's funny is that two of them have no interest at all in digging which is lucky for us. I'm starting to think that filling in the holes is a losing proposition. They keep gravitating back to the same old places every time. Maybe we should let them have a couple of places of their own to dig to their hearts' content. What do you think?

Michael

A dog's digging up my yard would mean a pen for the dog unless I were out there to watch him and keep him from digging. If he did it too much, I'd be looking for a new home for that dog. I work too hard on my yard to have it ruined by a four-legged creature.

Bobby

It's hard to stop a dog from digging once he starts. Other than keeping him tied up, or putting up an electric fence to keep him away from a specific area, I don't see what you can really do about it.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
You can put down chili powder or Cayenne pepper in the holes to help with that. Also put their poop in the holes is supposed to help. I did that when my dog was a puppy though and she just dug in a different spot.