Don't Know What To Buy Wife

Timothy

I don't know what to buy my wife for Christmas. Am I the only one in this boat? I've tried to be sly about sneaking hints from her, but the only things she's come out and blatantly said she wants are out of our budget this year. What should I do?

Victor

Ouch, that's tough. Does she like going to the spa? Would something like that be in the budget? Someone else on here plans on doing that, I think, and it's a great idea.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
Have one of your wife's friends ask. That is what one of my wife's friends husband did. Wow that would be a mouthful there. He had my wife ask what she wanted.

Don

My wife said one time that if in doubt --- jewelry is always nice. I'm not having that problem this year, however, she has already given me a list.

BigPapa

My wife told me what she wanted so it isn't tough for me. She's usually pretty good about that sort of thing. She is also very practical so she wants things like vacuums and blenders.

Endalia

If in doubt, give her a gift card to Victoria's Secret. That always seems to be popular at my house. My wife likes to get her underwear there (I guess that's what you call do dads fancy as them). My wife uses some type of perfume from there too so it's always a good gift.

Timothy

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I can't really ask her friends to ask her for me, because they'll just tell her what I'm up to, but she does like going to the nail salon and she does like underwear from Victoria's Secret. I could get her a gift certificate for each and be done with it!

Salazar

My wife gives me a list because she usually wants specific books, movies, etc. Does your wife have any hobbies? If she likes crafting or reading, for example, you could throw in a gift card to Michael's or Barnes and Noble.

Don

If in doubt, give her a gift card to Victoria's Secret. That always seems to be popular at my house. My wife likes to get her underwear there (I guess that's what you call do dads fancy as them). My wife uses some type of perfume from there too so it's always a good gift.
I can tell you from experience that it is better to give the gift card than to try to figure out what size "do dads" to get her. I made that mistake one time and quickly learned my lesson.