Drive-In anyone?

Pops

I know it's still a bit early, but lately the weather has been so nice! Does anyone else enjoy going to the drive-in during the summer?!

RayRay

We love to go to the drive-in during the summer! It's great. You don't get to see one movie, but two. And, another great thing about the drive-in is it is about 15 minutes away from our home!

polamalu43

We go to the drive-in all the time when the weather is nice. Actually we usually go the first weekend the drive-in opens (April) when it's still cold out. We sit outside in our chairs with about 3 blankets on us!

Rip_VanWinkle

I was lucky to have experienced a drive-in when I was little, but now I don't have one close by. At least, I have never heard or seen any around. I wish there were around though. My kids would get kick out of it, and I would enjoy experiencing through their eyes.

Rey1970

After reading this post, I was inspired to look up a drive-in theater close to my house. It just so happens that the closest one is about one hour away, but we might consider it an adventure for this coming summer. Check out the following to sites for information on drive-in theaters close to you.

Since I can't post the link right now, I will type it with the whole word "dot".

driveinmovie dot com/mainmenu dot htm
www dot driveintheater dot com/drivlist dot htm

Last edited:

Aiden

You know, I've only been to a drive-in once and I absolutely loved it. I can't wait to go again :)

stayathomepaul

I love going in to the drive in. I like the ones where you pay by the car load. Since we have a mini van we can get everyone in and still be pretty comfy as long as we fold down the back seat and bring pillows, blankets and lawn chairs.

Millman

I'm pretty sure that all the drive-ins in our area closed several years ago. I did manage to go to one with a group of friends when I was in high school and we had fun. It was different.

Daddy_Dearest

Rey1970, thanks for providing links for information in which to find the nearest drive in to us. It is a little far away, but I think we can make a trip out of it. I would love to experience this with the family before it is just a reference in a book.