Earthquakes AND hurricanes? Oh my!

dirtyharry

This has been an interesting week on the East Coast....first we have a 5.6 earthquake south of DC, and now we are tracking a Cat 3 hurricane that is set to make landfall somewhere on the East Coast later this week. Crazy! :eek:

Dickneardone

It is crazy! It is really true that when it rains it pours. I hope that everyone on the east coast stays safe and takes care to be very careful.

Peyton

I heard on the news this morning that there was another four point something aftershock in Virginia last night. I really hope that hurricane stays far enough offshore so it doesn't cause much damage or hurt anyone.

saintsfan

Peyton I live in the suburbs of NYC....we are taking this hurricane threat very serious here. They are predicting massive power outages and I hear that the NYC subway system might be shut down with flooding concerns should NYC take a direct hit from a Cat 1 hurricane. Scary stuff.

Jdrake

I hope that everyone living on the East Coast remains safe. It seems like the East Cost is having a very bad run of bad luck. I just hope there isn't an offshore earthquake that causes a tsunami next.

Anthony

Thankfully other than flooding it looks like Irene didn't do as much damage as everyone thought it might. There is another hurricane forming in the Gulf though...

jimscharger

I am still without power in New Jersey from Irene. The flooding was incredible....we had entire roads washed away. The sad thing is all the New York City news channels were telling people to evacuate to my area of New Jersey, and now those people are stuck here because we got hit really hard. I've been staying with a friend who has power. They are hoping to have me restored by the weekend. :(

Fatherof2

Goodluck Jimscharger! I hope you get your power restored soon, and that your home didn't have any damage. Good to see folks helping out their neighbors.

OrionH

I know how hard that can be. A couple of years ago we had a hurricane and were without power for 10 days. I hope you stay safe and get power soon.