Eating in the dining room

TJoel

I wonder why the kids would eat anywhere at home except in the dining room. How do you teach the kids to eat in the place they are supposed to eat in?

Ed35

I agree with this to a point. We do eat in the living room when it's pizza and movie night. We did this when I was growing up too. I think it's important to eat together when you can - as a family. When the kids get older, its harder to get everyone to the table at the same time.

Papa Bear

There should be a rule about eating meals and eating snacks. Meals are eaten in the dining room at an appointed time, and snacks can be eaten somewhere else(except the bedroom) provided that the mess is cleaned up before leaving.

wilson

Too many people (adults) have been lazy about this, we did the same thing years ago and then a little light bulb went off. We quickly changed the mindset that we were stuck in and its helpful, now I know my DR needs re-painted. :)

Sportsfanatic

When I was growing up, meals were in the dining room always. No exceptions. When I ate snacks I had to eat at the kitchen table, oh and breakfast too. These days, my parents rarely eat at the dining room table except special occasions. They have tv trays and sit on the couch watching tv. I guess with children it's different. You don't want them spilling all over your furniture or carpet so you teach them not to eat in those rooms.