Eating supper together.

Zimmer

Until I started my own family I've never really realized how important it is to share a meal. It has kept up good communication with our children, even though they are in their rebellious phase. How often does your family share a meal together?

Last edited:

Salazar

We sit down to dinner together most nights. Once in a blue moon my wife isn't hungry in the evenings, so it'll be just my daughter and me for dinner. I think it's very important and I love that we have that time together just about every night.

Victor

We are terrible about it here. We often just sit around in the living room when we eat. We talk either way; we just don't make it to the dining room table.

Lorenzo

In our family, we make it a point to sit down together for a meal, at least once every day. Usually, it's at dinnertime when the kids are home from school. It's during this time that we talk about the day's event or anything at all that comes to mind.

Bearsfan

Growing up, my family always sat down at the kitchen table for dinner. It was just the way things were. Now with my family, we do the same, but our kids are little. What I'm worried about, is when the kids are older and have busier schedules with after-school activities. I guess we'll do the best we can.

Jack

For some reason, sharing a meal and communicating seem to just naturally go together. Going out to dinner is always about more than the meal, so sitting down together for supper is also.

Don

Our son and daughter have a lot of after-school activities, so meals are kind of erratic on the weekdays. On Saturday, my daughter is now at the point where she wants to hang out at a friend's house or have her friends come over here, so she doesn't usually eat when we do. We do try to have a sit down meal together on Sundays though.

John

We have dinner together almost every night, unless there are activities that get in the way. Now that our kids are older, it's getting more difficult. We also have dinner with extended family once a week. That's hard, too, but it's always been a tradition in our families.

Andersson

Taking those small moments just to spend with your family, without interruptions is very simple but people sometimes let those moments slip by. We have always tried to do this even once the kids moved out, we have weekly meals and it is great to catch up with everyone!