Facebook scammers and weirdos

olderthandirt

I've been getting a ton of odd messages from Facebook people. Usually it's a pick-up line and I wonder what their purpose is - do they need a green card or is it a way to somehow scam money out of people? It's aggravating as it's been happening several times a day lately.

Andersson

I only add people I know and if I do not know them I will ask three random short questions that only those who have known me over the years would understand. Most scammers are blocked within the first message they send (obvious spammers and the like).

Sinbian

At first I was willing to add anyone as a friend. But these days with all the spamming I think that shutting down my fb profile is not such a bad idea.

BigPapa

I only add people I know too. I am not out there to share everything with whoever wants to see it. I have it locked down too so that only my friends can see what I post. I don't even think anyone can find me with a random search of my name.

On The Mark

I only add people from the circle of friends I already have. Friends of friends, that sort of thing. If I ever get a random message from someone I don't know, it gets ignored.

Bear

I have never had a problem with this, but I don't usually use my Facebook profile a lot either. I never add people I don't actually know either.