Family breakfast

BigPapa

With my wife working outside of the home 5 days a week, we like to have breakfast as a family on the weekends. Generally we have pancakes or waffles but sometimes we go all out with bacon, eggs, hashbrowns and toast. It just gives us time to reconnect as a family after a busy week of running around. Do you do this type of thing with your family?

Lorenzo

Just like you, we can only eat breakfast together as a family on weekends. On weekdays, I have to work really early (I am now back to working a regular offline job), when the kids and the wife are still asleep. I like to cook, and on my days off, I prepare something really tasty for our family breakfast. The kids look forward to it, so it makes eating breakfast more than special.

JoshTheBoss

Family meal time is very important. Time and time again various studies come out linking the important of food meal time conversation and higher rates in children succeeding.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I try to make breakfast on sundays. It does not always work out, but it is nice when it does.

R. Paradon

My kids are grown now but when they were young I would always make breakfast for them. I was usually in a managerial position and could pretty much make my own hours. For the most part is was just a simple breakfast but when I knew I would be off all day I'd ask them what they wanted for breakfast the next morning and then they would go crazy with the "ordering"! Daddy was a great cook and there is not much I could not prepare for them. Years later, even thought he had a family, sometimes my son would pop over early in the morning and say, "Hey Pops! What's for breakfast?"

Don

We usually eat breakfast as a family at a restaurant after church on Sunday. During the weekdays and on Saturday, it is just too hard to get everyone to the table at the same time. Sometimes, I just skip breakfast altogether.

Kyp

I can not even tell you the last time our family has all sat down and ate breakfast together. It doesn't happen very often. During the week I eat breakfast around 7. No one else is up. And, of course, during the weekends everyone sleeps in & wakes up at different times. It's nearly impossible to have a family breakfast in my household.

Foster

I think it is a fantastic idea, unfortunately not one we are able to do often. I work as a chef and sometimes do not get home until after 1am, this means that I then sleep in longer than everyone else. We do try and sit down for a meal at least once or twice a week.

dreyz

Yes, we often do these kind of things. Having a family of grown up children in their mid 20s, it's hard to have a full family having a meal together.

FrankSinatra

I love going out for a weekend breakfast. No one has to take time away for cooking and we can always find some really good stuff around here.

mollew3

Yes my family does this on Sundays. We all gather around the table for a big breakfast and just take the time to enjoy each others presence. I look forward to spending those mornings with my family.

ProForums777

I don't always eat breakfast with the family, but my wife does cook me breakfast whenever she can or when I tell her too. I don't go crazy about it, we are both two workaholics. I don't put pressure on the little things, but I have to say, nothing beats a nice home meal.