Favorite author

polamalu43

I have decided that I am going to try to read at night. My wife reads every night in bed. I have not read in a long time. Any recommendation on an author or book?

Andersson

My favorites are not really ones that you would read before bed then again that depends on what you want to dream about. I still read a good bit of Poe & King.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
What type of things do you like to read? I'm a bit of a nerd I guess and always reading things on home improvement, gardening, cooking, camping, fishing, etc... Very few works of fiction, but George Martin is good. He is the writer for the A Song of Ice and Fire series, or better known as A Game of Thrones.

BigPapa

I am a big fan of Robert Ludlum, who is most well known for the Bourne books (and subsequent movies), but has also written some other fabulous books like The Ambler Warning. Spy novels fascinate me and these are action packed.

tommymac

Tom Robbins. He's very anti-Christian and is a bit risque, but he's incredibly insightful and witty and his novels always have interesting characters.

ghanashyam

I recommend you read any book of ARTHUR HAILEY. He authored several books lime HOTEL, AIRPORT, ZERO HOUR, TERROR IN THE SKY etc.
But I liked the novel AIRPORT as the best, it is all about how the people in control tower at the airport work under tremendous pressure because they have to navigate the landing and departure of the airplanes.
It is very good book, read it.

FrankSinatra

I don't think I really have one but if I was forced to pick it would be Edgar Allan Poe or Chuck Palahniuk. I know they are WAAAAAAY different but I can appreciate both of their works of art.

youngone

My recommendation would be to read Marxism. I am biased because I am a Marxist but I firmly believe arming yourself with an understanding of Marxism is the most powerful knowledge one can have.

Alan Woods is an excellent modern Marxist writer. He explains complex ideas with a simple and personable style.

Justadad

Well, my wife and I read every night in bed before we go to sleep. I like real life war stories, biographies, Clive Cussler and Sven Hassle and my wife tends to read horror and crime. It doesn't stop her sleeping at all!

polamalu43

Wow, a ton of different ideas and authors here. I think I want to start with fiction. Nothing too serious to begin with. I love Sci-fi movies and thrillers. Thanks for all the great ideas.

CHenne

I love the Alex Cross books and movies! I also really enjoy Stephen King books - he is pretty scary! Other than that I read sports magazines. What a great list here I have some new books to read.

Lorenzo

My favorite author has always been Robert Ludlum. I've read all of his book series, including of course of his more popular character, Jason Bourne. I also like to read John Grisham court-room thrillers.

Bear

I like John Grisham, Dean Koontz, James Patterson (Alex Cross series), and Stephen King. I wish I had more time to read than I usually do these days. Most of my reading now is for school.

Don

I like Tom Clancy, John Grisham, and Stephen King. I haven't read Stephen King in a while, but his book about the assasination of Kennedy is on my reading list.