Final Countdown!

Adam

We are in the final countdown! Only about 4 more weeks to go until I am a father of two! :)

That sounds so strange to say, that I will be a father of two shortly. Any tips from dads that have more than one child for me?!

polamalu43

Awesome! Yeah - way to go... Take good care of your wife during the last part of her pregnancy! Being a dad of 2 is twice as fun as being a dad of 1. You have so much love to give them both a ton of love. You will be great!

Jeff

Congratulations!!! Being a dad of two is rewarding and fun also! Make time for your older child just the 2 of you. Their is a period of adjustment when the new baby comes into the home. Just know that the older will act out in strange ways but it is usually short lived. My son acted out for about a month and now the two boys are inseparable!

Adam

Thank you both for your kind and encouraging words about becoming a father of two. It's still crazy for me to even think about it! I am hoping there will be more than enough love and attention to go around for both of our little ones.

Pops

Congrats on soon becoming the father of two. I have two daughters myself. It was a big change going from one child to two. At first my oldest went through a slightly jealous period, which she got over quickly. Best of luck to you & your family!

Jerry F

I agree with Jeff about making time for your older child. Also have presents for the older child as well. The baby will be getting a ton of stuff so it sort of adds to the jealousy factor if the oldest doesn't get something. I also had the older child or children to pick out a present for the baby and the "baby" got them presents too. Not something really expensive, as long as it was something it was fine.

Mack

Mom will be exhausted and focused on the new baby, as will everyone else. Be sure to be aware of the oldest child and be sure to include them as much as possible in all the attention being showered on the new baby.