First camping trip

Bear

We are taking our kids on their first camping trip tonight. We aren't going far...just to the backyard, but I know that they will have a blast! We are just trying to get them used to the tent and all of that before we go on a real camping trip in a couple of weeks.

Bearsfan

We did this same thing this summer and our kids loved it. Unfortunately, I have yet to talk my wife into going to a campground for the real thing. She does not want to give up her indoor plumbing.

stephen

My wife's the same way. I'm trying to get the boys interested in it before she freaks them out. We've done the backyard thing and I'm hoping to get them into Boy Scouts soon.

Don

My son is about to start Boy Scouts, so I guess we will be learning about tent camping soon. We briefly had a camper that we used a few times with our daughter, but we sold it before our son was born.

polamalu43

Very fun! We love to camp and I bet your kids will love it too. Backyard camping is a lot of fun. How did they like it? We are going 1 more time this year (last weekend of September).

jason

Administrator
Staff member
How did you make out? I wanted to do this with our daughter this year, but the opportunity has not presented itself yet. There is still time though, and I may try and get her out towards the end of October.

Andersson

Sometimes the first camping trip ends up being the very best since you get home and then can not wait to plan the next one. We have not been out in the woods for a while now and still like the idea of a nice cabin, it must come with age.