Fiscal Cliff

Bear

Republicans and Democrats are both pushing the idea of a fiscal cliff that our government is standing on the edge of. Here is an article about it. Do you think both sides can work something out together or do you think we are doomed?

Hank

I have no idea. This campaign, I feel like we have a choice between bad or worse. I have no confidence in either candidate or their handlers. I doesn't even occur to them that people aren't happy with the way things are going and neither one seems to have any different ideas. They all sound the same to me.

FrankSinatra

I don't think anything will ever get resolved under a two party system. At least if we have multiple parties enough people will find similarities to work together but right now it is definitely an us vs them mentality. When Dems do something that will helpe the nation then Repubs get pissed off they didn't think of it and vote against it and vice versa.

Bear

All of you guys are right, and Frank I think you hit the nail on the head there with why nothing can get done. You would think they could just act like grown-ups and do what is best for the people that put them in office in the first place!

Bryant

I don't think that they will get anything resolved either, but if they could agree on something I still think it would be too late to save the US economy. Moody's is already threatening to drop our credit rating.

Mel

I think a three party political system is what we need. We kind of have that now. The Republican Party is divided now that the Tea Party has pushed its way onto the scene.

Endalia

The only thing I've seen any of them doing is to help themselves. If we were to be able to make sure none of the involved parties could make money from lobbiers, companies, or any other source rather than their salaries, they would be able to be a bit more impartial.

Mel

I don't know where the ethic has gone as far as trying to do the most good for the most people. To me what would benefit the most people is obvious. This shouldn't be hard.