Florida teen forced to kneel for 9 hours a day

Bear

A Florida couple was arrested after making their teenage son kneel on a hard floor for 9 hours a day for ten days straight. He was also forced to sleep in a bathtub and given one meat shake a day. The boy escaped to his neighbors who called the police. You can read more here . Apparently, the boy was being punished for bad grades. I thought this story made an interesting contrast to the one about the boy being forced to hold a sign.

Victor

Oh my goodness, that poor kid. I don't understand how any parent could think that was appropriate punishment rather than abuse. I'm glad he escaped.

Lorenzo

What a heinous way to punish one's kid, and for what, for getting bad grades? There are worse things a kid could do than that! What these parents need is psychological help. No parents with a sane mind would inflict something like that to their children.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
There has got to be something in the water down here. It seems to attract the crazies.

Donald

This kind of punishment paralyzes children in so many ways and almost dooms them when it comes to ever making decent grades or enjoying learning. Oh, what gets into some parents' heads?

polamalu43

Ouch! I can't imagine. What about the grandmother that made her granddaughter run for hours on end. She ended up dying hours later. I do believe they are trying to grandmother for murder.

Clay

I am not even going to read the article, because it will only make me mad! What is wrong with parents now? I can not believe the boys parents thought that what they did was acceptable.

Bear

Polamulu43 I remember that one too and the girl's step-mother gave birth in jail like two days later. I am kind of disappointed in the neighbor's for that one too. Several of them saw her running for hours and did nothing to intervene.

Sinbian

Raise your hand if you think this is insane punishment. But, bad grades are bad grades. :D Jokes aside, I can't imagine how the kid must felt.

kreso93

Wow, that's pretty disturbing. Poor kid. Kids should be punished for bad behavior from time to time, but this is too much.

msdstnctv

Big difference between this dad and the one with the sign. The kid in Florida looked like he was just fine sitting out on the corner with his sign. Kneeling for that long had to be awfully painful for this child. This particular punishment was cruel.