Flu Shot?

Endalia

Is anyone going to get the flu shot this year? I stopped by the local clinic the other day and got one, but boy I've paid for it ever since. I know you can't get the flu, but my immune response to the vaccine has been extreme.

Dad Brad

We haven't gotten ours for this year, although we did take the children to their pediatrician for whatever shots he thought they needed. We always put ourselves last, don't we?

Bear

I have never gotten the flu vaccine and we don't let the kids get them either. I think there are entirely too many vaccines out there already.

BigPapa

As a family we just decided that there are just still too many questions about the safety of the flu shot to get them. I know people that get sicker from getting the flu shot than if they would have just gotten the flu.

Lorenzo

No, we haven't gotten any flu shots this year, too. I'm grateful that the kids' immune system seems to be working well, and they haven't been sick with flu or any viral diseases. As their pediatrician suggested, we give them Vitamin C and multivitamins everyday.

Victor

We don't get the flu shot. I don't think it's effective enough to warrant the side effects. My wife will sometimes get it but that's probably because she spends more time out of the house than the rest of us.

Bear

I am glad to see that we are not the only ones that choose not to go that route. When we said no at the pediatricians office you would not believe the looks and eyerolls we got.

Don

We don't get the flu shot either. My sister-in-law had a bad reaction when she got hers, so we never did get one that year or any year since. The reaction seemed to be worse than the flu would have been.

Timothy

When my wife worked for the local hospital, they forced her to get a flu shot, but I haven't gotten one and neither has our son. She had flu-like symptoms for several days after getting the shot and since it's not even guaranteed to protect you from the flu, we opted out.

Endalia

I think I may avoid it from here on out. I don't get the kids flu shots and have elected to cut down on some of the other shots they get. I can't remember what kind they subbed on my kids but we didn't get the measles vaccines for any of them. Since we homeschool, it's a non-issue for us.

polamalu43

This was the first year that I have gotten one and it's the last too! I have been sicker this year (in the last month) then I have been ever! I think it's the shot. I've been told it's not but I don't believe it.

Michael

We don't get the flu shots either. We also don't get the flu much. We have colds that we bring home from school and work, but I can't remember when we've had the flu.

Mel

I heard on the radio that there are three strains of flu going around this year, one of which is really nasty. I know some folks here who have succumbed to it already, and it wasnt' pretty.

Salazar

We don't get flu shots. My wife is one of those anti-drug people. Neither one of us gets sick often anyway. We haven't had the flu in about ten or twelve years. (Now that I said that you know exactly what's going to happen this year!)