Forbidden Foods?

Blended

Are there any foods that you don't want your kids to eat? Or are you a parent that allows them almost anything including to decide what they wish to eat?

Tony_The_Great

In our house, the kids do not drink soda or sugary drinks. We also limit the amount of candy they eat. My wife is hell bend on trying to prevent their addiction to sugar.

youngdad

I've been reading about sugar and I'm determined to prevent my son from getting addicted to it, too. I use mostly honey to sweeten foods and never give him a soda. I've heard that whatever tastes they get used to when they're young are what they tend to stick with when they're older.

Davidson

Apparently my cholesterol is a little high, which is weird since I regularly exercise, go figure. So no bacon or meet in the house with a high fat content, hope this passes because I miss pork.

McGregor

Of course they cannot drink alcohol, though their dad can. :) They can take chocolate and ice cream "in moderation". The challenge is to determine how much is not too much.

chelly

We try to limit the candy intake unless we want little ones running around and bouncing off the walls. I do not get the need for loads & loads of sugar, fruit has nature sugar and its good for you!

Denny

We limit most junk and candy. They don't drink soda and no they don't pick their own foods either. We are definitely the parents in this household.

Daddy_Dearest

We try to be sensible and realistic. We involve the kids in the decisions because we can't be with them 24/7. Fortunately, they understand how important it is to be healthy. I am the one that screws up more often, but that is the nature of the beast. :)

Sinbian

We stay away from sugar as much as we can. Also too many sweets and chocolate are no no. Too fatty foods are out of the question. We mainly stay away from bad food groups but cave in from time to time.

Luke

Apparently my cholesterol is a little high, which is weird since I regularly exercise, go figure. So no bacon or meet in the house with a high fat content, hope this passes because I miss pork.
Actually there have been numerous recent studies that have proven eating more fatty meats like bacon and pork actually brings your cholesterol level down. As for the kiddos we don't forbid any foods but we teach moderation and there are no sodas in the house.

youngdad

Actually there have been numerous recent studies that have proven eating more fatty meats like bacon and pork actually brings your cholesterol level down.
I've read that eating fatty meats is essential for health. I think we just overdo them and eat bigger portions of them than we need. We don't eat a lot of pork, but we do have sausage or bacon every now and then.