Freelancers

Jonathan

What kind of freelance jobs can you find without looking for them on the net? Not that I am allergic to the internet, I am just curious if it's possible to find local freelance jobs which pay as well as freelance jobs on the net do.

Terry

You could try agencies. It's the closest thing I can think of without knowing exactly what kind of work you're looking for. Or maybe local papers still run small ads?

Mohidad

I remember ever coming across a website providing assembling jobs, but I cannot recall the URL. Depending on your location, I think you can find local assembling jobs in your area.

Mel

You might be able to work as a contractor of some sort. The government even hires contractors. It's kind of special project kind of work.

Andersson

As long as the place is not trying to make you sign up or pay a fee, you should be good to search around. I would only go with a place that has a good reputation though, credibility is key. Too many scammers out there!

Blake

I'm sure that you can find something but it depends on your field. Freelance writing? It's unlikely. Freelance construction or yard work? Yes.

Sportsfanatic

If you look in the paper for those kinds of things, it seems they are always some kinds of sales work with door to door or something that costs money to buy a kit that probably is useless. I'm pretty skeptical of all the things advertised like this kind of work.

wilson

Tons of people use Craigslist to advertise their services, we got a handyman out here the other week to help with some fixups that our house needed. Things I can not do like climb a large (tall) ladder anymore to fix some shingles.

bighelp

Most I see online when people are advertising their services are web site design and programming work. The latter I know can be pretty expensive depending on what you need.

Johnson

My wife works as a freelancer, but I think she has found all of her jobs online. She has been lucky and had a lot of repeat clients after she got started.