Fried chicken

CHenne

My house is starting to smell! Seriously it is. It's a greasy smell. The kids wanted to have fried chicken for dinner and it's their pick today. My wife has never made it before (nor have I). I hope it turns out - then again if it doesn't turn out we can order pizza.

Lorenzo

So how did it turn out? My kids love fried chicken, too. They like it deep fried with a special gravy to go with it. :)

Dad Brad

There is nothing like the smell of chicken frying in a kitchen. I personally love the smell. It reminds me of growing up. My mother's fried chicken is the best ever.

Victor

Fried chicken is so good, but I don't like to have the smell of fried foods in the house. Whenever we want something fried, we go out for it.

Andersson

We are not big on fried foods here at all. I guess we just like the sweet stuff more than the fried stuff. It does smell good though but I just can not have it due to doctors orders.

Endalia

Fried Chicken and mock Fried Chicken is easy. For the first, melt some fat (shortening or veggie oil), in a deep fryer or in a deep skillet. Make sure the oil is hot and there is enough to cover the chicken at least halfway up the piece. Then set out three deep bowls, putting three or four beaten eggs in one, plain flour in another and seasoned cracker crumbs in the third. After drying the chicken pieces with or without skin, dip the chicken piece in the flour, then dip the chicken in the egg and then in the cracker crumbs. Put the chicken in the oil. If the oil is hot enough, the chicken should start to sizzle when you put it in it. Do this for all of the chicken pieces . Watch the bottom of the chicken and when it's brown, turn the piece over and let the other side fry. When done, move the chicken pieces to a paper towel covered plate or platter.

For Mock Fried Chicken, do the same coating as before, place on a baking sheet or pan which has been covered with aluminum foil or a silicone baking sheet. Spray the coated chicken lightly with baking spray on each side. Place in a 400 degree oven until browned and the chicken juices run clear. That's it. Easy peasy.

Victor

We usually make mock fried chicken, although I've never called it that. We don't use baking spray or aluminum foil either, but otherwise the steps are the same.

Gavin

Fried chicken is great. The smell, the taste, everything. But it's just like anything else really, just keep it in moderation and you should be fine.

Bear

I love fried chicken although I don't think I have ever put any gravy on it. I like gravy on country fried steak though! :) We usually fry our stuff outside so the house doesn't smell.