Garage sales

WagnerB

Have you ever put on a garage sale to clean out some stuff and make extra money? Was that a successful garage sale? Were there many people stopping by?

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I have done a few. The neighborhood I lived in did a community one once a year. We had a lot of people looking. I gave stuff away practically and people still wanted to pay less.

polamalu43

Yes we have had many garage sales and they have always been successful. We plan them when the town has their community yard sales. We advertise in the papers and we put papers up around town.

TJoel

Glad to hear that. We have unused stuff but we don't have enough to put on a garage sale for yet. Moreover we usually use something till it doesn't work anymore.

Sinbian

Nowadays garage sales turned into facebook sales. It's not like ebay, because you offer things to your friends. Sometimes it's easier to take a picture and post it online than drag the stuff across your yard for few days.

Pascallist

Good point. I have never sold unused things on Facebook but I can see how it works. Even if you just had an unused item, you could still sell it on Facebook.