General Douglas McArthur and Fatherhood

sid

This is one of my most favorite quotes about fatherhood, from no less than world famous General Douglas McArthur, the man who fought and won many wars during World War II and after:

By profession I am a soldier and take pride in that fact. But I am prouder – infinitely prouder – to be a father. A soldier destroys in order to build; the father only builds, never destroys. The one has the potentiality of death; the other embodies creation and life. And while the hordes of death are mighty, the battalions of life are mightier still. It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle field but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in Heaven.'

General Douglas McArthur during the landing in Leyte, Philippines on October 20, 1944 on a mission to liberate the Philippines from Japanese occupation and re-establish U.S. military presence in South-East Asia.

I still believe that men like General Douglas McArthur are still the norm.

Only at this point in time, they need to speak to the world more.

Jaxon

Amen to that Sid. That was back in the day when men actually spoke up for what they believed in, and weren't embarrassed or ashamed. You're right, men need to speak up more.