Getting the Christmas tree

BigPapa

In our family it we always get a real tree. Our tradition is to go to the tree farm the Sunday after Thanksgiving to pick out the tree and then spend the evening trimming it. When do you get your tree?

Don

We usually get our tree about the second week in December. We have a heat pump and it really dries the trees out, so we don't bring it in the house until it gets closer to Christmas.

Bear

We (read my wife) put up our tree Sunday. Our kids are still very young so we use an artificial one for now. If we had a real one my son would constantly be in the water!

Victor

We have a fake tree. We were going to put it up yesterday but it was a busy day and we ran out of time. Perhaps we'll put it up tonight.

Salazar

We always do our decorating Thanksgiving weekend. Friday we get the tree and decorate the house, Saturday we decorate the tree, and Sunday we sit around listening to Christmas music and drinking eggnog and rum!

Michael

My daughter is already wanting to get our tree and decorate it. We make a big deal out of it, and she ends up doing a lot of the decorating. She wants Mom and me both helping throughout the entire job.

Timothy

In our family it we always get a real tree. Our tradition is to go to the tree farm the Sunday after Thanksgiving to pick out the tree and then spend the evening trimming it. When do you get your tree?
For the last few years, we've been using a fake tree, so we haven't had really had a designated "Go get the tree" day. My wife likes to put the tree up on Thanksgiving though, so that's usually the day I get stuck digging the ladder out and going up into the attic, where we keep our tree at. She's talking about a real tree this year though, so I guess she'll want to buy it the day before Thanksgiving in order to decorate it the day of.

polamalu43

We get our tree a couple weeks before Christmas. We heat our home with a wood stove and that type of heat dries the tree out super quick! We have never had a fake tree and I never want one.