Godfather and Godmother Taking Custody

Strongarm

I have a friend who has taken custody of his Goddaughter with his wife because the childs single mother has been sent to jail for a crime. I feel bad for their 6 year old son because he isn't getting at much attention anymore. They are basically bending over backwards for the little girl to try and make her happy since she has lost her mother for a very long time.

Jdrake

That is a difficult station. Hopefully, with time the family will learn to balance having the new child and their own. Is there anyway you could help a little with their son from time to time?

PeterPan

That is a difficult situation. The 6-year old must understand how it is and learn to accept the situation with the new housemate, same with the goddaughter. A lot of patience is needed for that.

Zimmer

It's a dangerous situation, because their guilt might force them to ignore their own child. They should start treating both kids as equals, since they are both theirs now, most stepparents however tend to not know how to handle delicate situations like this.

benben

I have 3 kids and I can promise you 1 of them is always getting left out of the loop. No matter how much we try it is very difficult to balance all 3. My kids are mine, and not step kids. Balancing these things is a lot harder than it sounds.